Sunday, July 29, 2007

My daughter is an adult now!


I have tried to deny my daughters' desire to be an adult. After all I remenber every moment of her life from the first time I knew she existed..to the first time I felt her move. I love her with all my heart! She was the first grand child and has been greatly indulged by everyone in her life. Autumn is her name, it is describes so well if you are from a part of the country that enjoys a real autumn. Now my daughter will marry her best friend and love Jenny. As a mother I wish my daughters' happiness and love for the rest of their lives! To the world who may feel as though they have a right to judge and condemn..I wish you love as well. I am proud of my daughters and the wonderful group of people that are their friends. so today I introduce Autumn and Jenny.

4 comments:

BlackButterfly said...

That is so awesome! I wish more parents of LGBT children felt the same way as you about their children. It would make coming out much easier! I was married to my love on June 30, 2007 and I have the same support and encouragement from my mom as you show your daughter. It does mean a lot. Congrats and happy wishes to your daughters.

Ro~ said...

Beautiful young women!!! Congrats Jenny & Autumn :o)!!!!
Ro~

Anonymous said...

Oh, so the blonde in the picture is "more-than-just-a-friend?"

Your daughter looks lovely. :)

Take care~

Taz said...

I applaud you!!! often times as a parent we get things so twisted based upon society views. I think it's absolutely wonderful that you have embraced her choices. you and your daughter look JUST ALIKE!!you guys could pass for TWINS! I'll be praying for you guys in the days ahead. oh by the way your locs are really, really cute LOVE the highlights, I can't wait till I can do some color I'm only 3 months out the barn.

Taz