Sunday, October 28, 2007

I can't believe it has been 4 months since I was here


I am so sorry! My life has been crazy lately, I just returned to work. After 14 1/2 months off I wasn't sure I was ready. 10 days after returning to work my Mother was discharge from the long term unit that she has been on for 11 months. Discharged to me. I love my mother and always told her when she was ready to come home she could. I have had to learn more than this prison guard ever wanted to know about nursing. But it is a joy to serve someone who has always been selfless. A challenge for me physically I had back surgery in February, and have been told by my doctor that physically I cannot do this without putting myself in jeopardy of having to have more back surgery. I need prayer...because I refuse to send my Mother to a nursing home. This is my time to give to the woman who gave me life and I will not turn my back on her. My daughter has been wonderful without her I would not be able to do this. She given up so much of day every day to help us both! Periodically when we are truly exhausted we vent to one another cry and then suck it up and carry on. I will try to post photos soon! In the meantime peace my sisters in locs.

2 comments:

Meanbroad said...

May God cradle you when you are tired and weary, may he give you strength when you are weak, may he comfort your your soul when it is aching....I have told my mom, when it is her turn to need me I will be there, no matter what. I thank you for all the Mothers out there who don't think their children care, because one day that will be us.

God Bless you!!!

Anonymous said...

It is a great blessing for a mother to have her daughter be there for her in those later years. So many children can't wait to put their parents in a home and you have to put yourself into that parents shoes...you are doing a courageous thing and what a gift for you to give to have Mom home for the holidays! God will reward you for the unconditional love you are sharing for the most important person in this life...