Wednesday, June 4, 2008

MY BABY IS GOING TO SISTERLOCK



THIS IS MY BABY..SHE WILL BE 25 YEARS OLD ON HER BIRTHDAY, LAST NIGHT SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE WANTS SISTERLOCKS! YEAH! SHE WAS NATURAL THROUGHOUT COLLEGE AND DECIDED TO STRAIGHTEN HER HAIR USING THE JAPANESE HAIR STRAIGHTENING SYSTEM. IT WAS A GRADUATION GIFT FROM HER GRANDMA..THE PROBLEM WAS SHE DIDN'T ASK HE HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO MAINTAIN. $500.00 FOR A RETOUCH AND WHILE OTHER FOLKS MAY HAVE ONLY NEEDED RETOUCHING ONCE A YEAR, SHE NEED ONE AFTER 3 MONTHS. SHE CUT HER HAIR OFF AND WENT NATURAL FOR A MINUTE, BECAME FRUSTRATED AND PERMED IT. WELL LAST NIGHT SHE TOLD ME SHE WILL LET HER HAIR GROW OUT AND PLANS TO HAVE THEM INSTALLED IN THE FALL.. SO CARMEN I WILL NEED MORE TOMAKA TWISTS BY NEXT YEAR...AND BRUNSLI I AM SURE SHE WILL LIKE TO SHOP ON YOUR SITE AS WELL. AND MY MOTHER WOULD BE CELEBRATING THE FACT THAT OBAMA WON THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION...NOW LETS SEE WHETHER OR NOT WE CAN SEE HIM IN OFFICE!

4 comments:

Maryee said...

Yea!!!! I'm happy for your daughter and her decision to get Sisterlocks. I wish her well in her period of transition. Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I understand your pain. God called my Momma July 7,2007 and not a day has passed without me crying out to her. I am happy for your daughter! Sisters in more ways than one. God bless!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! There will be another mom and daughter lock duo, which I think is awesome!!

I was natural in college and also had every extension you could possibly think of..It was too tiresome worrying about my hair on a daily basis. Sisterlocks has come to my rescue and I'm happy to hear your daughter will be joining the family!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Vixen said...

Hey Teen,

I'm new to your blog and thank you so much for reading mine. It's always great to know that there are people reading.

Thank you so much for sharing with us the story of your mom's passing. I have a friend who is starting her battle with cancer as well and only God knows what the road ahead has in store for her. I'll be praying for you and your friend and hope that sharing your story with us has brought you comfort.

And btw, I'm sure your mother knew how much you loved her. You took her in and cared for her and that's a great love to give.